Bring your furry friends great comfort on hot summer days with these best cooling pads for dogs.
During the long, hot summer days and nights, dogs can’t escape their fur anyway, even though they are inside your house. And while all dogs can be vulnerable to overheating in warmer months, some may be more sensitive than others, as statistically speaking. To handle those aforesaid cases, cooling dog beds are a great tool than any other recommendation. Choosing one that fit perfectly your styles and your little friend as much, seems to be a bit daunting, without the top 5 of the best cooling pads for dogs as suggested below.
- 1 Top 5 Best Cooling Pads For Dog You Should Buy
- 2 Why do your dogs need a cooling pad?
- 3 How to choose the best cooling pads for dogs?
- 4 Best Cooling Pads For Dogs FAQs
Top 5 Best Cooling Pads For Dog You Should Buy
- The original self-cooling pad: Whether your pets are dogs or cats, you are probably into this kind of pad as the pressure-activated cooling pet mat gives chilled relief for your babies. In the scorchers, it is nothing but staying indoors and keeping cool that perfectly great.
- Automatic: This item works without water, electricity, or even refrigeration connected. Furthermore, the patented gel formula automatically recharges after every 15 minutes if it doesn’t work. In the case that an air-conditioner is absent from your house, this dog cool pad is certainly a must-have thing.
- Relaxed: Just imagine like this, on the scorcher days, laying the cooling pads for pets and observing them being relaxed also make you feel like: “I wish I could be in his place right now”. Just to be kidding, but this product is extremely useful on those days.
- Multifunctional: For the fact that it is super portable, you can use it on the floor, sofa, or in any corner of your home. It is also lightweight and easily folds, meaning that your travel experience would be extraordinarily fantastic.
- If the mat comes with dirt stains on it, you cannot wash it off at any rate.
- High-tech cool core fiber: You can actually expect your temperature to be lowered efficiently to sustain the skin temperature in a comfortable way thanks to the high-technology cool core fiber offered already.
- Elaborate design: I suppose myself to be design-conscious when it comes to purchases, whether a grant like a car or something as trivial as a cooling pad. However, I am certain that you are also fascinated with this product as its elaborate design gives us a sense of pleasure on the highest level.
- Safe and easy to clean: All materials are completely safe without any presence of chemicals. Users can clean it up by just throwing it into the washing machine and have their work done with ease. Let’s enjoy your precious free time with the greatest assistant taking care of your little dogs.
- Best service: I place trust in this brand for not only its guarantee in the manufacturing process but also for its customer service. Just in case you have any problem needed to be addressed, contact the team being in charge and have your issues removed right away.
- For some certain groups of customers, as reported, the product functions improperly at times.
- Seem-to-be unceasing comfort: The cooling pad is featured to absorb and regulate the body temperature for up to 3 hours of continuous satisfaction, so you can count on it on your vacation. After a couple of hours, it automatically recharges in just several minutes of non-use.
- Multipurpose: Being such a useful product for older dogs, the cooling pad also reduces stress and consoles a pet that’s gradually recovering from surgery or suffering from mild pain.
- Safe for use: This solid-gel cooling mat is an absolutely healthy solution for pets, owners, and the planet of all. The mat’s durable makeup offers ample cushioning support and is perfect for your dog’s bed, portable crate, or the back seat of your car as well.
- You may feel disappointed occasionally since it is not that durable advertised. It sounds like a cliche, yet you get what you pay for.
Top 4: Chillz Cooling Mat For Dogs
- Comfortable: Nothing appears to be better than keeping your pet cool all day long during extremely hot days. The gel technology that is able to absorb heat and deliver comfort for your baby dogs is the most noticeable feature claimed by the manufacturer.
- Modern design: A lightweight, portable and puncture-resistant range of materials available enhances the aesthetics of the pad as desired.
- Rechargeable cooling pad: When the product is not in use, the cooling mat is still recharged automatically by the flow of air allowed to be in. There is nothing to complain about regarding this feature only.
- Safety ensured: All customers being inclusive of me, prefer safe materials for their pets and the living environment around them as well. Here you are, I am certain that you get peace of mind when your babies are healthily protected.
- Personally speaking, the only problem detected was my dog didn’t like the feeling of being on the pad when it was applied to him.
- Soothing: There is the fact that this cooling mat inside stays 5-10 degrees cooler than that of room temperature, and this enhances the comfort of your pet obviously.
- Safe and easy to clean: I bet after you use this one, chances are you don’t want to think of any other brand as it is super easy to clean as well as you can place trust in the product itself in the name of safety.
- Multifunctional: Wherever you put the pad or whatever you intend to bring it along, it serves your demands well and tastefully.
- It is not that long-lasting and force-resistant as well, as your dog scratches, it soon opens up and the mat leaks all over the floor.
Why do your dogs need a cooling pad?
If your dog gets hot during summer then they could probably get benefits from a cooling pad or mat. Heat can be taxing on your dog, for sure. If your dog gets too hot for such a long time it can potentially be dangerous for their health. Overheating can result in heatstroke, exhaustion, and dehydration which can lead to ongoing health problems for your dog as well.
It is uncomfortable for your dog to be hot for too long on the scorchers also. If you see your dog continually seeking out cooler parts of your house, like the cool tiles of the bathroom or kitchen, or cool patches of cement or deck outside, then they may be getting uncomfortably hot and need assistance right after. Other signs to look for to see if your dog is too hot being inclusive excessive panting or drooling, increased heart rate, breathing problems, lack of energy, and unusual agitation likewise.
Another plus point of getting a cooling mat for your dog is that it would perhaps be more comfortable for them to lie on than the floor itself only. As well as being cool, they will somehow provide some cushioning between your dog and the floor as well. These mats can also be beneficial as a relief from aches and pains for dogs that have joint problems from arthritis and for older dogs seeking assistance from the owners.
How to choose the best cooling pads for dogs?
Once you have decided which type of cooling mat you wish for your dog there are a couple of things to look for when making your purchase.
- Size: All of our recommended cooling pads and mats come in a variety of sizes for choosing. Please be sure you get the right sizing for your dog. Too small and your dog won’t cool down enough, too big and it may be less efficient as expected. Think about where you are going to put it also. Does it need to fit inside a kennel or crate or not any? If so you will have to check your dimensions first to make sure it fits perfectly.
- Portability: Will it just sit in one place or you want to be able to move it around effortlessly? Water-filled cooling mats or beds become heavy and difficult to make it move around. A more lightweight pad or mat can fold away for easy storage or travel if needed.
- Easy to use: Ease of use is essential if you plan on traveling with your cooling mat and will need to install and dismantle it regularly. Look carefully for ones that don’t need water, electricity, or refrigeration at all.
- Easy to clean and sustain: Dog mats pick up a lot of hair, dirt, and dust so try to choose a mat that is easy to clean anyway. Most of the ones we recommend above can be cleaned with a damp cloth and mild detergent without obstacle. They are sometimes suitable for washing machines.
- Durability: Where will your dog be using the mat also? If it is outside, make sure you pick one that is long-lasting and will stand up to the elements. Likewise, dogs can be rough with their stuff. They are often scratching, chewing, and biting things, hence, a mat made from sturdy material will last longer than usual.
- Comfort: If your dog will be spending a great deal of time on their mat you should be sure it is comfortable enough for them. Some mats have more padding and softer outer material than others provided.
Best Cooling Pads For Dogs FAQs
How to maintain your dog cooling pads?
Clean it. Once you check the manufacturer’s suggestions for cleaning your mat make sure you do it frequently. Most of them could be cleaned with a quick wipe down from a damp cloth and maybe some mild detergent as well.
Grooming. Keep your dog’s nails trimmed to prevent accidental punctures during the time of use. Regular brushing will remove excess hair that your dog sheds and deter it from building up on its mat.
Check underneath. Check the surface where you will be putting the mat to make sure nothing will be underneath it that can cause rips or tears. If there is dirt or anything sharp it can rub on the mat and wear it down or puncture it also. Also, check under the mat frequently for moisture buildup. Moisture breeds bacteria and mold that can be harmful to your dog and degrade the item right away.
How does this cooling pad work?
Dog cooling mats are designed in different ways. Generally, it is made from materials that absorb heat from your dog’s body. They have a gel inside that keeps your dog as cool as wished and is activated by pressure when your dog sits on the mat. The gel then recharges and cools down once again when your dog gets up and pressure is completely removed.
Are dog cooling pads absolutely safe?
This product is literally not meant for consumption. While the gel is non-toxic, experts always suggest taking your pet to the veterinarian if they ingest any part of the cooking pad. In some specific cases, an allergic reaction can occur which can affect the health of your pet gradually. However, choosing the best one can reduce those chances.