Poodles are an incredible breed. Nevertheless, with poodles, one challenge is that they need to be constantly groomed. Every 3-6 weeks, many poodle owners send their dogs to the groomers. This costs a lot of money for pet owners. However, there is an alternative: brushing the poodle at home with the best dog clippers for poodles. Although this takes effort and preparation, in the long term, it will save lots of money and time. Also, your dog can feel happier at home than at the groomers.
Adding to the practice, which is necessary for your pet to be well-groomed, it is also crucial to have the right tools. The high-quality clippers are the most critical tool. The best poodle dog clippers make your dog’s hair work easily while minimizing noise and heat output as well. They are also durable, easy to carry, and flexible enough to withstand the multiple cuts necessary for a poodle to be groomed. In comparison, the worst models sometimes get blazing hot after a few minutes, make a lot of noise and struggle with dense hair.
We have put together a list of the best dog clippers for Poodles to help you make the right decision. Any of these clippers will cut the coat of a poodle to a professional level, thus delivering excellent value for money as well.
- 1 Top 5 Best Dog Clippers For Poodles
- 2 Why should we buy the best dog clippers for Poodles?
- 3 How to buy the best dog clippers for Poodles?
- 4 FAQs
Top 5 Best Dog Clippers For Poodles
This item comes from Wahl pet grooming kits, which are one of the brands of choice for those looking for electric clipping & trimming machines for high-quality, long-lasting pet grooming. With a low-noise electronic pet clipper feature, your poodles can enjoy the home’s familiar atmosphere and scents.
This item is in a compact show box of snap-on color-coded guide combs, scissors, combs, and more. Four color-coded Guide combs allow a quick recognition of coat length, and quickly glide through coats.
With the exclusive and patented power drive system, Wahl puts more control in your hands. It generates 30 percent more torque, which means 30 percent more cutting strength to conveniently loosen sticky mats and tangles. Self-sharpening high carbon steel blades are precision-ground and provide smooth, snag-free cutting. It is seen as the number 1 clipper brand for trimming, touch-ups, and even double-coated clipping and grooming.
- Very lightweight (only 1.23 pounds)
- Includes four snap-on attachment guide combs
- It generates 30 percent more torque, which ensures 30 percent more cutting strength, even double-coated clipping, and grooming.
- This is not a cordless clipper
- This device is restricted to home use for 5 years only. It is not used as a professional hair clipper.
- Even, for overseas use, it is not. This clipper is used only in the USA. If used outside the USA, the voltages are different and may influence output and the product can be affected.
- The blades would not turn if the blades are not oiled. If your home’s “voltage” is low, then the Clipper motor will make a noisy noise.
- It makes a more powerful clipper in a similar style
- All-in-one: This dog grooming clipper also comes with a pack of tools: 1 Pet clipper (including battery), 1 AC Power Converter, 1 Brushing Brush, 4 Comb Attachments (3-6-9-12mm), 1 Stainless Steel Scissor, 1 Stainless Steel Comb, 1 Nail Clipper Package, 1 Nail File, 1 Manual.
- Ultra-quiet design: This pet clipper for dogs has a precision motor, low vibration, and super quiet feature, with just around 60 db free from work noise. The powerful motor is considered as a professional dog clipper (the spindle of which is made of fine copper), not to clamp and damage pet fur. So, it will make the pet feel relaxed, not dread the haircut anymore.
- Lightweight (1.43 pounds) and cordless design: The lightweight and cordless styles are fantastic features to be easily using. The kit for pet grooming is supplied with a battery. Pet grooming clippers can sustain a 70-minute application by charging for five hours. With the cordless clipper, the hassle of removing batteries or wires will no longer annoy pet owners. However, the cord is still available as a second plan.
- Sharp blade: This item involves the combination of the Titanium acute-angle blade and the ceramic movable blade for quick and accurate cutting. Besides, the fine-tuning knob provides five-length ranges (0.8-2 mm) for correct hair length modification.
- 2 Year Warranty
- Lower vibration and noise
- Comes with a rechargeable battery
- Includes four attachment guide combs.
- Available fine-tuning speed for the blade.
- Not a good choice for dogs with heavier coats unless the heavy coat has been trimmed first
- Only runs for 70 minutes and recharges in 5 hours.
- If you want a lighter clipper, some clippers which weigh less are available.
- Good Power Motor 12V High-Speed: Hansprou specialist pet clipper has strong and steady power, no hair sticking. It can be used by pet parents to easily shave and smoothly cut the pet’s fur.
- Sharp blade: This item has a high-quality blade of titanium alloy and a moving ceramic blade that offers outstanding cutting efficiency. Detachable blades can be adjusted and washed quickly. Hansprou’s unique 35-tooth cutter heads are sharper, more robust, and more powerful relative to ordinary ones. The near distance between teeth is conducive to manage the amount of single tooth hair feeding. The fewer single tooth hair eats leads to the easier it is to trim fur. Safe R-shaped obtuse angle design helps the skin of pets in all directions not to be harmed. Long-haired pets, for example, can not be trimmed by most clippers, but Hansprou cutter heads can do so.
- Low vibration and noise: The noise is just around 50 db when the pet clipper works, to make the pet more relaxed, not to dread clipping fur anymore.
- 4 Guard Combs and 5 Levels Shift: Two adjusting modes allow you to change different lengths when clipping hair. Pet owners can make fast and easy length adjustments (3-12mm and 0.8-2mm) by using this dog shaver clipper.
- Aluminum Alloy Fuselage: The aluminum alloy fuselage helps this item be stronger and durable.
- 2-Year Warranty
- Cutter head washable: Broken hair and miscellaneous hair is easy to clean with spray.
- 3M long bold line: It allows plug and use. Without thinking about power, it produces efficient and reliable power.
- Lower vibration and noise
- Includes four attachment guide combs.
- Available 5 gear fine adjustment
- Aluminum Alloy Fuselage
- Good Power Motor 12V High-Speed.
- Some people like cordless clippers better.
- Heavier (1.43 pounds) than some other clippers
The Oster Professional Turbo A5 Heavy Duty Animal Grooming Clipper provides a fast and easy way of grooming dogs.
- Multi-Speed Versatility: This pet clipper is easy to glide through dense, coarse hair — including deeply matted hair, with a heavy-duty 2-speed universal motor that provides up to 4,000 strokes per minute (SPM) and a wider blade sweep. The universal motor is designed to be low-noise, giving a more enjoyable experience of grooming. It gives two speeds for flexibility. The low speed (3,000 SPM) offers quieter output accuracy, ideal for cutting vulnerable areas, while the high speed (4,000SPM) provides optimum strength for quick trims and full-body shave-downs.
- Safety: Universal guide combs (sold separately) offer safety and control when cutting fur at a longer length. A detachable #10 CryogenX comb, blade oil, clipper grease, a cleaning pad, and replacement carbon brushes are provided with the Professional Turbo A5 pet clippers.
- Durability: Oster blades are machined and cryogenically processed in the USA and have been trusted for years to boost the hardening process for extended longevity and long-lasting efficiency.
- Very lightweight (11.2 ounces)
- Includes universal guide combs
- Available 2-speed versatility
- Heavy-duty clippers
- This is not a cordless clipper
- Not the fastest or best clippers created today.
- New clipper versions are available that could make these clippers look old-fashioned, but they are still outstanding clippers.
Top 5: AIBORS Dog Clippers Shaver
- 2 blade in 1 set: The wide blade is used for thick coats. The narrow blade is used for hair around paws, rump, face, ear, beard, and mustache.
- Safe and sharp blade: The moveable ceramic blade and stainless steel fixed blade titanium blade effortlessly allow to glide through heavy coats.
- 2 Detachable Blades: They are easy to change and clean, which offer ultimate grooming versatility.
- 2 Charging Modes and Cordless: This item may be directly charged or on the charging stand. The 2000mA built-in Li-ion battery is ideal for excellent versatility, cordless, or charging operation.
- Make grooming easy: This item belongs with a stainless steel scissor, a stainless steel comb, an oil bottle, and 4 guide guards (3mm, 6mm, 9mm, and 12mm).
- Strong power and low noise: This device is designed with low-noise technology. The noise is smaller than 60 db. It has a heavy-duty, robust silver Pd-alloy 3-speed engine.
- Cordless, low-noise
- 2 blade in 1 set
- Available 2 charging mode
- Great for heavy-duty clipping, including cutting mats.
- If you want a lighter clipper, clippers that weigh less are available.
Why should we buy the best dog clippers for Poodles?
If you are the pet owner of a poodle, you should realize that grooming is an important part of owning a poodle. Your poodles will look like a sheep-dog if you do not cut up your pooches’ grooming. This forces the appearance of your poodles to be ugly. It can also make matted hair uncomfortable, and the extra shaggy-ness can make it difficult to perform regular doggy tasks.
Visiting a professional groomer would usually give your dog the best cut. However, if you do it too much, it costs time and money. A simple way to remove such issues is to buy a set of dog clippers and use it at home, plus it allows you to interact with your poodles.
In fact, between standard dog coats and those of poodles, there are quite a few fundamental differences. Firstly, the poodles have a very thick coat. This coat will also get matted, making it too much harder for them to groom. When the dog isn’t friendly, even basic things like grooming their hair can be time-consuming and almost impossible. Secondly, the poodles have single coats. Meanwhile, you can find most other dogs have a double coat.
To sum it up, pet owners will need special fur clippers as the poodles have varying coats. This doesn’t mean, though, that producers are producing exclusive ones for them. All you need to do is guarantee that the clippers that you buy for your poodle are:
- Great for thick coats
- Work properly on matted fur
If you are able to make sure of two mentioned features, there’s nothing you need to worry about in terms of your clipper’s quality.
How to buy the best dog clippers for Poodles?
Let’s explore what makes the best dog clipper for poodles, based on the top 5 brands mentioned, as follows.
In dog clippers, there are different sizes of blades. Each size cuts fur of varying lengths and is suitable for either large or small breeds of dogs. So for that, you need a clipper that either comes with multiple blades or encourages you to buy and use multiple blades at least. With that said, when it comes to versatility, dog clippers should come with at least 4 different blade sizes.
The amount of noise a dog clipper creates has a strong influence on grooming. With noisy dog trimmers, some dogs get extremely spooked. So, a whisper-quiet unit is ideal for keeping your dog relaxed. Since grooming can also take quite some time, a quieter dog clipper for poodles can also keep you comfortable.
Ease of Use
For poodles, the ease of use of a dog clipper applies mainly to its motor speed and shape. First of all, you should find one that’s fast and doesn’t tug on the fur when it comes to the motor. Secondly, the clipper’s shape should be such that the groomer holds it comfortably. Thirdly, other considerations such as battery last-long-life and lightweight both help make it easy to use the clipper and boost the overall grooming experience.
Purchasing clippers for poodles is a long-term investment. For sure, no one wants to waste money on a delicate clipper. In general, in terms of durability, metal-body clippers can perform a lot more compared to plastic ones.
Does Wahl Clipper (the first item) run a quiet operation?
Certainly, it’s quieter than other models. It’s not quite quiet, but it’s almost a medium, soft buzz.
For Ceenwes Dog Clippers (the second item), what do the varying sizes of 3,6,9,12 mean? If only pet owners like to cut off a little bit of the dog’s fur, which one will they use?
It’s the Attachments comb (3-6-9-12mm). Depending on the hair state of the dogs, there is no set norm. In order to cut up the desired length of fur for the poodles, we should adjust the blade distance of the machine and apply the upper limit comb.
For HANSPROU Dog Shaver Clippers (the third item), do the clippers get heated when working?
Hansprou electric pet clippers have a 12V high-speed motor, supplying the machine with strong and stable power. When running, it would not get heated.
For Oster Pet Clippers (fourth item), are the clippers going to get too hot?
The clippers are going to get hot. Not only the blade getting hot, but also the body of the clipper can make you feel it in your palm.
Is the power of PettingPal Dog Grooming Clippers (fifth item) sufficiently powerful?
Yes, the power of the trimmer is really strong and it’s quieter than most trimmers.