Brushing our teeth is one of the most frequent habits happening on a daily basis, if not, your teeth will sooner or later turn yellow and lead to some unexpected mouth-related diseases as well. But how often do you brush your dogs’ teeth? If such an idea seems to be absurd to you to some degree, you need to do a little research prior to the application of the new method (at least for you). Finding good toothpaste for your little pets is an indispensable part of daily care for those that you apparently get excited to know more about. If so, I would like to share with you the top 5 of the best toothpaste for dogs in the list below. If feeling like it, please show me your opinion also!
- 1 Top 5 Best Toothpaste For Dogs You Should Not Miss
- 2 Why do you need toothpaste for your dogs?
- 3 How to choose the best toothpaste for dogs?
- 4 Best Toothpaste For Dogs FAQs:
Top 5 Best Toothpaste For Dogs You Should Not Miss
- Soothing and effective: In the case that you are still looking for a veterinarian formulated soothing mix of aloe, neem oil, even grapefruit seed… so on and so forth, you should have a glance at this very effective mixture.
- Clean and fresh: The first and foremost purpose of using toothpaste for dogs is to clean, so if you feel you are wasting your time on ineffective products, get away from those as soon as possible. Fortunately, this brand offers not only clean but also very fresh products for your dogs to be taken care of well.
- Healthy: No addition of toxic additives is detected in any product delivered because this company will never compromise quality over quantity or money, so you can actually count on its healthy elements going into the ingredient.
- Natural flavors: Something natural tastes best, of course, this applies to dogs also. Your little friends will love the flavors extracted from natural substances that are able to give them a sense of natural taste even when their teeth are being brushed.
- Some elements in the ingredients seem not to be compatible with some certain kinds of dogs, then may cause them to vomit, so be noted before purchasing.
- Healthy: Dogs are the most intimate friends in your house, so people tend to curdle them, some even kiss their dogs frequently, but this poses some risk of being infected by several disease-causing bacteria. Don’t worry, however, this product gently and effectively eliminates bad breath caused by unhealthy bacteria and helps you to be more confident showing affection towards your little pets through warm kisses.
- Natural elements: Formulated with natural ingredients, no additives are applied, this toothpaste ensures more natural flavors and avoids side effects that may cause your little creatures not to be in good health.
- Highly adaptable: Infused with baking-soda powder, this enzymatic gel is compatible with every type of dog, even puppies. Don’t worry about bringing home a useless product, you should think of how to take advantage of this instead.
- After a fresh brushing, your dog’s mouth may smell like he just has eaten wet dog food or a couple of table scraps rather than a fresh scent like most products offer indeed.
- Patented enzymes: On the basis of some patented enzymes used, this non-foaming formula is so convenient that it doesn’t require any rinsing before use. This will save your time and effort for other steps.
- Effective: Maybe you consider yourself a dog lover but rarely give your baby a kiss when showing your emotions on account of its bad breath. Alright, here is your feasible solution, as it works as best effective, reducing plague and eliminating adverse bacteria for a cleaner breath. You, thus, will soon get addicted to kissing your dogs all the time.
- Favorite flavor: As ideal as the ingredients are, if your dogs are not tempted by the proper flavors stimulating their interest in teeth brushing, chances are you will still get disappointed and your little friends don’t dare to brush also. However, this product comes in a scrumptious poultry flavor that loads of dogs fancy most, so you can be relieved.
- Good customer service: If your dogs knew our languages, it would be better for us to understand their feelings towards the product, but even when they cannot be able to, you can still contact them via the very experienced supporters from the customer service team for more detailed information.
- The product seems not to smell as minty as other toothpaste products for dogs offering, so you may get a shock at first.
- Multifunctional: It can be used for both dogs and cats thanks to the formulation using an enzyme system to help those reduce plaque and freshen breath, ensuring more healthy contact between you and your little friends.
- Sare for use: No foaming agents are included, so you can get peace of mind using this, in the sense that it would be a safe option for pets to swallow anyway.
- Highly-rated: Hailed from the USA, the product is highly acclaimed by veterinary professionals to be a testimony for their quality and reliability as much.
- Satisfaction guarantee: Virbac is committed to offering their customers the greatest experience enhanced by timely support and an up-to-date warranty if needed.
- The product may present the odd colors after several times of use, like brown, for example, so some people may link this to something unsafe then get nervous.
- Natural ingredients: If someone reassures you that dogs can prefer everything offered by humans, that’s absolutely mistaken sharing you shouldn’t mind. The more natural-related ingredients the product has, the more chances dogs may get used to using it. And this brand can provide you with such toothpaste.
- Easy to use: This product makes me think of brushing my dog’s teeth even easier than doing my own teeth brush somehow, as it requires no complicated additions, you just chill out with your babies by gently cleaning their breath.
- Nothing else you can complain about it aside from its smell.
Why do you need toothpaste for your dogs?
Bad breath in dogs can happen when they have swollen gums as scientifically proven. This is a certain result of bacteria creating when the plaque or tartar on your dog’s teeth and gums are not frequently removed. This can, in turn, result in gum disease and complications with the heart and liver as well. By brushing your dog’s teeth at a high frequency, you eliminate these negative potentials.
No more bad breath:
Dogs, though they have no control over the matter generally, can have a tendency to suffer from bad-smelling breath. Not only does toothpaste eliminate bad bacteria then whitens their teeth, but it also gives them a nice smelling breath that you won’t have to avoid when you show your affection.
Improvement in their health overall:
By cleaning your dog’s teeth with toothpaste regularly, you are also doing wonders for their overall health. Bad bacteria, as said above, can lead to a build-up of plaque and tartar. Not having their teeth brushed can not only cause diseases and teeth problems but in the important organs of your dog’s body.
Reduction of other diseases:
Unfortunately, your dog can be vulnerable to disease in the teeth and gum when they are not looked after regularly. Gingivitis is an inflammation of the gingiva (part of the gum around the base of your dog’s teeth as described by some certain reliable source of information), and Periodontitis is the inflammation of the gums and the structures supporting the teeth then as well. These results, and many other gum diseases also, are from a build-up of plaque and tartar for sure. By brushing your dog’s teeth with toothpaste, you are aiding to reduce the risk of those diseases and deter plaque and tartar. Also, according to WebMD, more than 80% of dogs by the age of three in their lifespan will have some form of periodontal disease. Therefore, a good toothpaste can help the reduction of those.
How to choose the best toothpaste for dogs?
Never use toothpaste specialized for humans to brush your dog’s teeth, always use dog toothpaste. Fluoride may not be good for your pet’s stomach. Plus the foam present in normal toothpaste can actually be a bad experience for your dog.
The flavor is also essential. Most animals don’t love an overbearing minty taste, and choosing a flavor like “bacon” or “beef” can also keep their breath smelling unwanted (fake meat isn’t pleasant at all). It’s better to use toothpaste that has no taste at all.
You can also look for a toothpaste that is made with non-harmful elements and void using a product that is abrasive and dental paste that is made with alcohol and artificial sweeteners as well.
In looking for the perfect toothpaste that will work with your dog, you may want to buy a small tube first and foremost. This will help you from not spending too much if your pup doesn’t like it from the first trial.
You can check on your dog’s feelings towards the toothpaste by letting it sniff at the product first. Give your dog a treat when he licks at the product for it to form a good habit. This would make the dog feel happy that he did something good and deserves to be treated well because of that.
Best Toothpaste For Dogs FAQs:
How to brush a dog’s teeth properly?
Brushing your dog’s teeth doesn’t always have to be a problem. There is a simple method that will alleviate the fuss and enable your little creature to have nice smelling breath and sparkling white teeth simultaneously.
- You have to place your hand over your dog’s muzzle from above first.
- Then slowly squeeze and push his/her lips up on one side.
- Tilt his/her head back gently so that the mouth naturally falls open for brushing.
- Brush your dog’s teeth gently but as soon as your dog begins to resist, stop until they are calm and try once again.
What are simple rules when applying dog toothpaste?
- You should introduce the toothpaste to them little by little so they get used to the procedure of getting their teeth brushed then.
- Concentrate mainly on the gum line, as this is where bacteria and food mix together to form plaque that does harm to your baby.
- Always move the brush in a circular motion to ensure the best result.
- You should hold the toothbrush so that the bristles are at a 45-degree angle as well.
- Speak gently to them during the brushing process to keep them calm.
What to handle if your dogs indeliberately eat baking-soda?
If you doubt that your dog has eaten baking soda, try to figure out how much has been ingested. Contact your veterinarian right after for advice. Also, you should never induce vomiting unless your vet scientifically advises you to do so on the basis of their knowledge.
Your dogs should not experience toxic effects if they have absolutely eaten less than the toxic dose that is visibly indicated. However, vomiting may still happen. Watch your dog carefully and provide a great deal of water then. If the vomiting occurs more than once or twice, immediately call your veterinarian for urgent advice.
When still being in doubt, take your dog along to the vet for an examination. The sooner treatment begins, the better chance of survival the dog has then.